Visit the Bookshop!

Visit the Bookshop!
Browse through Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo chapter summaries and analyses in multiple eBook formats.

Search This Blog

On Leaving for Spain

But as God has not made anything useless in this world, as all beings fulfill obligations or a role in the sublime drama of Creation, I cannot exempt myself from this duty, and small though it be, I too have a mission to fulfill, as for example: alleviating the sufferings of my fellow-men. I realize that all this means sacrifices, and terrible ones.  I imagine the pain which I must give you (parents), but I feel something that obliges and impels me to leave.  I shall strive with fate, and I shall win or lose... God's will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *